Southern Arkansas University Foundation honored individuals, companies, and foundations that have contributed to scholarship, academic and athletic programs, and campus projects at the University during the past year at the annual Honors Societies Dinner on October 9, 2008, in the Grand Hall of the Donald W. Reynolds Campus and Community Center.
Among those honored were individuals and groups which had completed endowments during the 2007-2008 fiscal year. Endowments provide a continual source of funds for scholarships, academic enrichment, athletic programs, and campus needs. Endowments are often given in honor or in memory of a family member, a favorite teacher, or special person. Each endowment is commemorated with a plaque on the Endowment Honor Wall in the Reynolds Center.
The endowments completed last year were the following:
- Dr. Ralph and Leila Boulware Endowment to benefit SAU Animal Science Studies
- Emogene “Jean” Winn Burns, Ray Burns, and John G. Winn Endowment provides a Scholarship in the School of Nursing, given by Ray Burns of Denver, Colorado,
- Donald and Dorinda Hale Crews Endowment to benefit the athletic program
- Edwin H. Hawkes Endowment to benefit the athletic program
- Lowrance and Marilyn Hodge Endowment providing a Scholarship Award for a Pre-engineering student
- Fred Hugh Longino Endowment to benefit the Magale Library
- Magnolia Lion’s Club Scholarship Endowment, Preference to a Student with Vision Impairment
- Mary Nelle Horn Mattox Endowment which provides a School of Business Scholarship Award
Given by Arkansas Entergy Retirees Club
- James Robert and Charlotte Jordan Miller Endowment to benefit the Magale Library
- Dale H. and Gail Reveley Robbins Endowment providing a
scholarship award for a Non-Traditional Elementary or Secondary Education Major
- Dr. and Mrs. Bill Scurlock Endowment to benefit the athletic program
- Norma and Wayne Taylor Endowment to benefit the athletic program
- Fred and Faye Trexler School of Business Endowment given by Mr. and Mrs. Jim Bailey
- Mr. and Mrs. Ray Uhrich School of Business Scholarship Endowment
- Dr. Ben Whitfield Scholarship Endowment
Seated (left to right): Mrs. Darla Williams, Magnolia Lions Club; Mrs. Dorinda Crews, and Mr. Donald Crews;
Second row left to right: Mrs. Peggy Trexler Bailey, Mrs. Marilyn Hodge, Mrs. Norma Taylor, Mrs. Daisy Uhrich, Mrs. Adelle Whitfield, and Mrs. Barbara Scurlock;
Back row (left to right) Mrs. Lu Waters, Arkansas Entergy Retirees Club; Mr. Jim Bailey; Mr. Lowrance Hodge; Mr. Wayne Taylor; Mr. Ray Uhrich, and Dr. Bill Scurlock.