Scholarship Application and Essay Deadlines
- Atkinson Scholarship – June 1
- Hallman Scholarship – April 1
- All remaining Scholarships – Apply now. Scholarship criteria are matched to students as donor funds are received.
NOTE: You may apply after the deadline and your application will be considered for any scholarships that are still available.
- SAU Foundation Scholarship Awards are supplemental funds that do not generally provide full tuition and/or housing.
- SAU Foundation Scholarships Awards are for one semester or one school year based on funds available. Recipients who wish to be considered for the next school year must re-apply.
- Awards funded by endowments will repeat each year although the amounts may vary.
- Awards funded by annual gifts will repeat when the donor renews his support.
- Students who wish to apply for SAUF Scholarship Awards should fill out the SAUF Scholarship online application and with the required essay.
- Each scholarship award may have specific criteria. Generally, applicants should be full-time, degree-seeking students who have been accepted by or are currently enrolled at SAU.
- Preference is given to students who are not over-awarded [not receiving full financial aid].
- Faculty may recommend students for the awards. Students may attach faculty recommendations to their applications.
- Students who have taken out loans to cover their cost of attendance remain eligible for additional awards that may reduce their student loan balance.
- Scholarship awards will be made by the Scholarship Committee, consisting of representatives from the Admissions Office, Financial Aid Office, and SAU Foundation, in consultation with such other faculty/staff as they deem appropriate.
- SAU Foundation will notify the recipient of the award and that they are to write a meaningful and appropriate thank you letter/note to their donor. Guidelines for the note are available on this website.
- The student will deliver the note to SAU Foundation, which will forward the note to the donor with a letter of thanks.
- Funds will be released to the student only after the thank you note is delivered.
The following information may be considered:
- Specific criteria for each scholarship
- Grade point average and/or ACT scores
- Academic progress in the major field
- Leadership abilities and involvement
- Financial need